Hockey Coach Vision is back with the Quad Passing with Defender hockey drill
The Quad Passing with Defender drill is a keep-away game that’s done in a small space. It finishes with a quick shot in net while under pressure.
Quad Passing with Defender Drill Description
- Set up 4 skaters on the ice
- Player 1, Player 2 and Player 3 attempt to make as many passes as possible through the face-off circle, while Player 4 tries to intercept the puck
- After 4 passes, one of the passers goes in for a shot and then the shooter becomes the defender
- Players on the outside should keep their feet moving, and skate to left and right
- If a pass gets intercepted, the player that makes the bad pass switches to defender
- Players should work to get open and keep their sticks on the ice for a passing target
About Hockey Coach Vision…
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets. This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives. Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it. Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here soon!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.