New to CrossIceHockey.com is a series of informative drills from Hockey Coach Vision. This week we focus on the Hot Dog hockey drill.
The Hot Dog hockey drill works on low breakout basics, as well as net-front play from a point shot. Forwards get to work on breakout timing, plus screening, tipping and rebound positioning.
• D1 receives a pass from D2 and makes an outlet pass to F1.
• F1 makes a quick pass to F2, who rounds the cone and goes in for a shot.
• D1 now backs down again and receives a pass from D3. D3 then rounds the net and makes a little chip pass to the cutting F1 in front of net, who rounds the cone and goes in for shot.
• D1 now exchanges passes with D2 out of the corner, and shoots from the blue line with one forward screening.
• Variation: One forward drives around the cone outside for an angle shot.
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets.
This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives.
Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it.
Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here next week!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.