Hockey Coach Vision is back with another hockey drill! This week the focus is on the Crossfire Power Play drill.
The Crossfire Power Play drill is an excellent game to work on passing skills as well as defensive coverage skills.
- Coach forms a box with tires or cones
- Players compete 2 on 2 within the box and on the outside of the box. The players have teammates on opposite sides of the box.
- The blue players can only pass to blue and green can only pass to green
- Teams get a point when a player completes a pass from one side of the box to the other. Players first have to make a pass to a player within the box.
- Two points are attained if both players in the box touch the puck before getting it to the other side.
Key Points of the Crossfire Power Play Drill
- Works on passing
- Offensive/defensive zone play
- Power play, penalty kill, team play
About Hockey Coach Vision…
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets. This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives. Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it. Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here soon!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.