This week we take a look at the Bruins 2-on-1 D-Jump hockey drill, courtesy of Hockey Coach Vision
The Bruins 2-on-1 D-Jump hockey drill is a quick transition drill that gets the defense involved in the offensive zone. It’s a lot of fun for your players!
- The coach chips a puck behind D5, then picks it up and passes it quickly to F1 or F2.
- F1 and F2 now attack, with D5 jumping up to support. After the first attack, the coach chips another puck into the corner for another low 2 on 1.
- Alternatively, the forwards can play it up to the D for a shot or screen.
The Bruins 2-on-1 D-Jump hockey drill works on…
- Mixing high and low attacks
- The defense being available on the rush as a trailer option
- Improving game speed
- Good timing and positional plays on wall breakouts!
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets.
This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives.
Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it.
Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here soon!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.