Blue Line Puck Protect Drill
The experts at Hockey Coach Vision are back! This time the focus is on the Blue Line Puck Protect drill.
The Blue Line Puck Protect drill is a great way for players of all ages to warm up. It gets everyone’s feet and hands moving early in practice, while working on puck-protection technique.
- Players line up facing each other, alternating different jersey colors.
- Coach chips the puck to the middle to begin 1 on 1 play. Player with the puck may use players from his team as bumpers to help get open.
- Play continues for 8 to 10 seconds, after which new players are rotated in. Once all players get a turn, switch to 2 on 2.
- Defenders play hard on the body of stick carrier.
- Heavy sticks by defenders.
- Puck carriers battle to gain space.
- Emphasis on puck protection.
About Hockey Coach Vision…
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets. This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives. Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it. Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here soon!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.